Monday, February 6, 2012

New G. R. Township Trustee

MLive has a peculiar story today (February 5, 2012).


I had applied for the opening on the Grand Rapids Township Board, as did five others.  When I saw the list, I immediately know the person named would be David Van Dyke, a person with some experience in township affairs.  Usually, the “winner” is the headline. 
The MLive, however,  headlines its story “Calvin College professors denied seats on East Grand Rapids, Grand Rapids Township boards.”  My colleague James Sykes had applied for the open seat on the East Grand Rapids City Council.


Almost makes the think that not appointing me was more newsworthy than appointing David Van Dyke.


In any event, appropriate congratulations are in order for David Van Dyke.

No comments:

Post a Comment